Elizabeth A. Rice Johnson served for two years as a Staff Attorney for the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, where she performed research and provided memoranda to the judges of the Court on the many issues of substantive law, including labor and employment law.
Elizabeth is licensed to practice in both Missouri and Illinois. She has experience with a wide variety of employment law issues, federal, state, and administrative labor and employment litigation, and advice and counseling in personnel matters.
- Washington University School of Law – Juris Doctor, 1999
- University of Kansas – Bachelor of Arts 1996
- Missouri, 1999
- Illinois, 2000
- Retaliation Claims: The Disappearance of Temporal Proximity, 16 Missouri Lawyers Weekly (May 20, 2002)
- Gebser v. Lago Vista School District: a Look at School Districts’ Liability for Teacher-Student Sexual Harassment, 55 Wash. U J URB & Contemp L. 351 (Winter 1999)
Affiliations and Honors
- Missouri Bar Association
- Washington University Journal of Urban and Contemporary Law, 1997-1999, Associate Editor
- American Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis